Stay up to date with changes in Saleor and trends of modern e‑commerce
30 Jun 2023 by Adrian
App Store June Update: redesign and tax code matcher
In June, we concentrated on refreshing the UI of the apps in Saleor App Store. Leveraging the latest version of our in-house UI kit, MacawUI, the apps now seamlessly integrate with the rest of the Saleor Dashboard.
9 May 2023 by Michał
Saleor 3.13: updated Transactions API, support for Payment Apps, and Payment App Adyen
This article highlights the most important changes from Saleor 3.13 release. They include a preview of the new transactions API and Payment Apps.
Documentation for the new Payment flow with Transactions.
A detailed description of Transactions synchronous webhooks.
All possible Transaction Event types can be found here.
Description and documentation for using the Adyen App.
Open Source codebase of the Adyen App on GitHub.
Core API 3.13
A full summary of v3.13 changes is available here.
22 Feb 2023 by Adrian
Saleor 3.10 & 3.11: webhook testing, external references and new filtering API preview
This article highlights the most significant changes from releases 3.10 and 3.11 of Saleor. They include updates to product management, a preview of the new filtering API, as well as some productivity boosts in clever implementations of the GraphiQL Playground.
First implementation of the new filtering API.
Identify data from an external system.
Update many productVariants at once.
CORE API 3.10
A full summary of v3.10 changes is available here.
CORE API 3.11
A full summary of v3.11 changes is available here.
Open order or product directly in the GraphiQL Playground.
Dry-run webhooks from GraphiQL Playground.
19 Jan 2023 by Karol
Saleor 3.8 & 3.9: flat rates, tax exemption API, and GraphiQL
This article summarizes the 3.8 and 3.9 releases of Saleor. We introduced flat rates along with a tax exemption API, GraphiQL V2, and more.
Set global tax rules.
We've switched from GraphQL Playground to GraphiQL.
Disable taxes from checkout or order.
CORE API 3.8
A full summary of v3.8 changes is available here.
CORE API 3.9
A full summary of v3.9 changes is available here.
Manage product data with a spreadsheet interface.
Set flat tax rates via dashboard.
A full summary of Dashboard v3.8 changes is available here.
A full summary of Dashboard v3.9 changes is available here.
6 Oct 2022 by Karol
Saleor 3.6 & 3.7: dynamic taxes and stock allocation improvements
In this article, you will discover a new tax approach in the Saleor ecosystem. You will also learn about non-stacking lines, subscription payloads for synchronous webhooks, stock allocation improvements, and our Deno Merch integration example.
12 May 2022 by Karol
April Releases: customizable webhook payloads, custom prices in checkout, full-text search for products
April was an eventful month for the Saleor team. First, we released Saleor 3.2, introducing customizable webhook payloads, and soon after, 3.3 with full-text search for products, and more. Let’s dive deep into what’s new!
9 Mar 2022 by Karol
Saleor 3.1: Gift Cards, Click & Collect, improved extensibility
Saleor 3.1 is here! Introducing two new features in a preview stage - Gift Cards, Click & Collect, improved extensibility, plus much more! In this blog post, you will find a summary of the most important changes.
18 Feb 2022 by Karol
Saleor 3.0: multichannel, extensibility, improvements
We are thrilled to announce the stable version of Saleor 3.0 is now available! This version brings many new key features, breaking changes and improvements, including the long-awaited multichannel, powerful extensibility, and much more.
19 Jan 2022 by Roy
Combining Headless Architectures with Saleor and Strapi
In this post, you'll learn how Saleor and Strapi work together to create a performant and adaptable storefront. We’ll cover how you can use the power of GraphQL to combine headless architectures, such as a CMS and Commerce API, and how to combine the schemas of multiple GraphQL APIs.
25 Nov 2021 by Roy
Saleor and Next.js: How the two are a powerhouse combination
Today there are many different ways to build an e-commerce website or application for your company. From open-source software that you need to build and maintain yourself to complete licensed products that you can use from day one. But what if you could have the best of both worlds?
14 Oct 2021 by Roy
Creating a Mobile Application with React Native using the Saleor GraphQL API
This tutorial will show how you can create a mobile application with React Native and Expo, that gets data from the Saleor API using GraphQL. Along with some basic styling. Our goal is to show you how to create a mobile basis for an e-commerce app in React Native.
23 Jun 2021 by Jakub
GraphQL in Flutter - Building a Mobile Shop using Saleor API
This tutorial will show you how to create a simple mobile app in Flutter on top of the Saleor API that exchanges the data using GraphQL. Along with some basic styling. Our goal is to show you how to create a mobile basis of an e-commerce app in Flutter.
5 May 2021 by Roy
Creating a Type-Safe React Application with TypeScript using the Saleor GraphQL API
This tutorial will show how to create a type-safe React application with TypeScript using the Saleor GraphQL API. Also, some basic styling will be added to this application using Bootstrap.
10 Nov 2020 by Karol
Saleor 2.11: Invoicing API, Storefront SDK, App Installation Support
Welcome to the new release, Saleor 2.11. We've introduced some exciting new key features. Let's take a look at what the latest version has to offer.
We've extended external app support.
We’ve updated our checkout process by adding an additional confirmation step.
We’ve added a new payment gateway Adyen.
We’ve added `MANAGE_PRODUCT_TYPES_AND_ATTRIBUTES` permission.
A full summary of Core API changes is available here
We've created a new section in the dashboard dedicated to managing apps.
We've added metadata editors in the models.
A full summary of Dashboard changes is available here.
New Saleor Auth API in SDK with JWT token handling.
You can use SDK as a standalone package.
We've added react-intl integration.
A full summary of Storefront changes is available here.
30 Jun 2020 by Karol
Saleor Monthly Update: Updated Roadmap, Work-in-Progress, Performance Improvements, and More...
Welcome to the latest update of Saleor! In this article we discuss and evaluate our current work and plans for upcoming releases. Read more about what the future has in store for our platform.
13 May 2020 by Karol
Saleor 2.10 Release: multi-warehouse, permission groups, new checkout, and new docs
The new release is here, so instead of writing a monthly update, we’ve decided to explain the major changes in the latest version of Saleor.
Improved API performance through limiting the number of database queries and optimizing the existing ones.
We've added OpenTracing support for performance monitoring.
We've dropped the old storefront (rendered by Django) and dashboard views (replaced by the new storefront and dashboard apps).
A full summary of Core API changes is available here
There is a new product page available—check it out in our demo.
There is a new product list UI available—check it out in our demo.
A full summary of Storefront changes is available here
You can create and add multiple warehouses to shipping zones—learn more about how to do that here.
You can create and manage permission groups in the configuration section of your dashboard.
You can easily navigate through the dashboard by using the navigator tool.
A full summary of Dashboard changes is available here
20 Feb 2020 by Karol
What is a product variant?
A product variant is a unique feature of the product offered to your clients. When your potential customers shop online, they can view the same product available in assorted, unique variants (identifiers), such as color, size, price, and more.
9 Jan 2020 by Mirek
Why headless is the future of e-commerce?
Headless—or API-driven—is an architecture where business-logic/server-side is fully decoupled from the front-end experiences. As a result, programmers get full front-end development independence and a painless way to integrate with other APIs.
25 Oct 2019 by Marcin
Release 2.9: Enterprise-grade attributes, variant creator and plugin architecture
Welcome to the Saleor 2.9 release of Saleor!
- Customize the shape of your products with enterprise-grade attributes. It's a key feature that we've made even more powerful.
- We've introduced plugin architecture. This system gives you the possibility to provide custom logic without any changes in the core.
- Service accounts and Webhooks now allows you to easily integrate Saleor with other services without directly manipulating the source code.
- We've added the variant creator, which helps you to create multiple variants based on attributes assigned to your product type.
12 Jul 2019 by Marcin
June Release: Avalara Integration
Welcome to the June 2019 release of Saleor!
- We've integrated Avalara so Saleor now supports tax calculations in most major markets around the globe
- There are new functionalities and improvements in the payments section, including the ability to store credit card details
- Our Vouchers section has been reworked from scratch and is now as sleek and usable as any e-commerce can offer, as well as having an expanded range of offers you can make to your clients
27 Jun 2019 by Tim
The Iterative Rebranding of Saleor
The decade-long design journey of an e-commerce platform. See how Saleor has evolved from a small e-commerce library to the world's fastest-growing open source platform, and how our design team have reimagined the branding to reflect those changes.
13 Jun 2019 by Marcin
May Release: Navigation Management and Filtering
Welcome to the May 2019 release of Saleor!
- We've added the much-requested storefront navigation management feature that helps you configure your site easily
- As we work towards totally filterable content, we've added filtering to the first two dashboard sections
- The order creation flow has been reimagined to make it easier for you to allocate stock and avoid issues with unpaid orders, a great feature for both site usability and security
13 May 2019 by Marcin
April Release: Introducing Black
Welcome to the April 2019 release of Saleor!
- Black has now been introduced to Saleor to help stay on course with essential code formatting and keep our open source project universally maintainable and understandable
- We've also introduced data classes as a universal payment interface for all versions of Python from 3.7 onwards
- You can now complete bulk actions in Dashboard 2.0, such as editing, deleting, or publishing, which saves time and makes for easy overviews of grouped products
10 Apr 2019 by Marcin
March Release: Dark Mode, Model Translations and… Saleor Cloud!
Welcome to the March 2019 release of Saleor!
- The Saleor Dashboard 2.0 has been refreshed and updated. And if you love working in the dark, we've added a switch so you can tone down your dashboard at any moment
- The new Address Book feature makes it easier to manage and find customers
- We're announcing the much-anticipated release of Saleor Cloud, a brand new SaaS version of the platform that will go live in 2019
8 Mar 2019 by Marcin
February Release: Model translations and improved checkout flows
A model translations API, three new Dashboard 2.0 sections and great tweaks — welcome to the February 2019 release of Saleor!
- We've added or improved a number of dashboard sections this month, with new features for shipping, pages, and discounts
- Draftail editor now allows you to do rich-text editing directly in the dashboard, for better-looking pages
- Support for model translations is a significant new feature in the GraphQL API
- The PWA Storefront is gathering pace with more new features, including improved checkout flows
8 Feb 2019 by Marcin
January Release: New tax management views and payment refactoring
New tax management views, Docker configuration improvements, and the first phase of payment refactoring.
- Dashboard 2.0 has gained new features, with tax management and a new, simple way of adding images to products
- We've upgraded the configuration of our Docker files to make them even more stable
- Payment refactoring prepares gateways to be extracted to separate libraries. It's just a step in making bulletproof and customizable payments implementations
10 Jan 2019 by Marcin
December Release: Stripe payments and refreshed storefront look
A new payment gateway, new features in the Dashboard 2.0 and a refreshed storefront look… Welcome to the December 2018 release of Saleor!
- Stripe payments integration is a major feature that many store owners have been waiting for and comes hot on the heels of adding Razorpay in the last release
- Our design team have delivered a brand new look and feel for Storefront 1.0, with a major style upgrade that improves user experience
11 Dec 2018 by Marcin
November Release: GraphQL Playground as the default API explorer and adding Razorpay
Welcome to the November 2018 release of Saleor!
- Playground is now the default API explorer and we've also implemented backward-incompatible API changes
- We've added Razorpay as a payment gateway, further increasing the options for store owners
8 Oct 2018 by Marcin
September Release: Order management views and timeline
Welcome to the September 2018 release of Saleor!
- Orders are now easier to track and manage, with new views and an order history timeline for a fast overview of events
- We've improved the staff management views, making it cleaner and easier to use
4 Sep 2018 by Marcin
Summer Release : Dashboard 2.0 preview and model translations
Welcome to the Summer 2018 release of Saleor!
- Dashboard 2.0 now has great new product management views
- Shipping zones are now easy to assign and manage in a separate module
- We've simplified staff permission management
- You can now translate your dynamic storefront content in a dedicated dashboard section